Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Baby's Name has been chosen!

Tim and I finally came to a decision on the baby's name. At first we thought we wouldn't tell anyone until the baby was born, but we knew we would slip up because we call him by his name now all the time. So, the name is....

DEREK ALAN KNIGHT

Alan is Tim's middle name and we thought it would be nice to pass something from daddy along to our son. The name Derek was originally picked out of one of the baby name books by Tim and it kept getting closer to the top of my list every week. We did a trial and started calling the baby Derek for a week and it just sounded right.

Of course, I saw this as a project, so I went to the craft store and bought some wooden letters to paint to hang in the baby's room. I hand painted all the letters you see here. It took me about two days.

We also have come across a dresser and night stand for Derek's room. We refinished it so that it matched the crib and changing table topper perfectly.



The room isn't set up yet the way we want it. We still have the guest bed in there because we are expecting guests in the next few months. But for now, the room is coming together quite nicely.

We hope you all like the name we picked!

1 comment:

Andy and Kyle said...

It's all becoming a reality now. Crazy to think we will soon have a new addition to the Bagnall family. I'm so excited for the both of you and so very proud. I can't wait! Derek's room looks perfect!!