We are enjoying every minute with our beautiful son. We went to the doctor on Monday (he was 11 days old) and he weighed 9 lbs. 11 oz. The doctor couldn't believe how well he was gaining weight. I guess Derek and I have this whole breast feeding thing down. Derek's umbilical cord stump fell off on Friday (1/23/09), at 8 days old and his jaundice is finally gone. He does have a blocked tear duct that makes his right eye really teary. The doctor showed me how to massage his tear duct, which really stinks because Derek hates it when I do it. Besides that, we are all doing very well. Derek sleeps really good at night. He went for a 5 hour stretch last night which Tim and I were both very happy with, especially since Tim went back to work yesterday. Tim going back to work was very hard for both of us, but we are adjusting. Stay tuned for more updates and pictures. I can't seem to take enough pictures of him...he's so darn cute!
Here is Derek sleeping yesterday. Our house is so cold, I put this cute little beanie on him. I couldn't resist taking a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment