Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving & Derek's 1st Steps

This Thanksgiving we stayed home and made our own Thanksgiving dinner. Tim had to work the day after Thanksgiving so we weren't able to go home to Cali this year. My family came to visit the weekend before and my mom and dad brought me a 21 pound turkey. That's right! A huge turkey just for Tim and I.

I must say it turned out delicious! But we will be eating turkey for a month. We had a wonderful day relaxing, putting up some Christmas decorations and watching movies. Derek got a special turkey dinner too! He's growing up so fast!

He said his first word this week....DOG. Ha ha! So funny! Of course it would be dog. He loves Bailey and almost all his books have dogs in it. He also started taking his first steps this last Monday, Nov. 23rd. Of course it's the day my family leaves, but they could tell he was close. He's only taking like 3-4 steps and then he dives into us, but what a start. He gets more and more daring every day.

There's a video below of him walking but it was hard to get with just Tim and I because he will only walk to someone who will catch him. You can get the idea though.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family in our life!






No comments: